Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hong Kong Series| Avenue of the Stars

On our last day in HK, instead of resting before our flight, I decided to walk around and visit this place.  My sister and nephew decided to sleep.

the avenue of the stars (Chinese version)

If you are staying in TST, Avenue of the Stars is just walking distance.  The best time to visit this place is early in the morning or late in the afternoon.  I first walked by Granville Road then turned right to Prat Ave.  Next, I used the underpass and passed by Sogo Department Store.  You are alreday there when you see the HK Museum of Art, just go at the back of it. 

Granville Road


another option for decent stay in HK


your guide

clean and well lit



the department store

go at the back of this building

they also hold shows here

the Harbor View
As the name implies, this is the avenue where hand prints of famous Chinese actors are being featured.  I don't know these actors so I'm not amazed with these prints.  However, I enjoyed the view.  I even hired a photographer so I can have a photo with the view as my background, for HK$10.00 for 2 wallet size copy.  Quality of photo is just so-so, just for souvenir sake.



isn't it nice to step on famous actors?

just enjoy the view





After this walk, I checked the stores located at the underpass.  I was able to buy some pairs of shoes at cheaper prices. 


another guide
Guides for directions are all over the underpass so there's no reason for anyone to get lost.
Lunch was in KFC in TST.  Below this fast food (beside McDo) is a small souvenir shop where you can buy pasalubongs.  Souvenirs here are fairly priced.

KFC at the 2/F and below is the souvenir shop
Then we picked up our luggages and walked to the bus station.  Just wait for the Bus No. A21 as this will directly take you to the airport.  The bus is customized to accomodate luggages.
Upon arrival in the airport, we returned our octopus cards and refunded the excess money.  It's that easy! 

 Our total expenses for our Macau-Hong Kong travel for 3 persons is around Php72,000.00 (without the souvenirs cost), with our air tickets amounting to Php33,300.00 (without the airport tax yet of Php2,100/head).  So, it is really best to book ahead of time to get discounted tickets. 

I hope you had fun with our Macau-HK trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment