Sunday, January 05, 2014

A Taste of Spiral



At long last I set foot in Sofitel, where the famous Ëat-All-You-Can" resto - the Spiral resides.  It is the most raved about (before Vikings came) when it comes to buffet dining with its wide array of local and international dishes to choose from.  I'm just so fortunate to be treated by a very good friend.

The mood is so festive as it is the holiday season.  A large Christmas tree and lively lights will greet you at the entrance.



then there is Santa that is made of fresh flowers.... kinda enticing to enter...


and then the famous spiral stairway... where it got its name...


At my age, eating in an eat-all-you-can dining is quite a challenge since I can't consume all that is being offered on the buffet table.  So, I always have this rule for this kind of dining, to only eat those which we do not commonly eat and those that are really worth the value of the dining fee.

I started with cheese and cold cuts for my appetizer.  There is a room dedicated for these, with controlled temperature of course.

what to pick????




I so luv their dried fruits and nuts, complimenting the cheese and ham

so many choices

the bread section, also delectable ones



my first plate for the night

the complimentary olive bread.. quite good, too
Then off for my second plate, the main entrees.  It's really quite hard to choose from a lot of choices.  I choose the seafood section first.

nice baked salmon

coconut crab.. not usually found in the market

I'm ok with my 2nd plate


Oh I nearly missed the steak. So, I still need a third plate.

local dishes

Japanese section

lots of dips and sauces

and the Angus beef
I'm really not a steak fan, but I have to try it.  Sayang ang 2,800++ na bayad no!


my third plate, with only a small slice of steak
In fairness, everything is delectable to the palette.  If only, I can take home everything!

Last but not the least, my most favorite part of the dining experience, the dessert.  This is one thing I can't really resist.

the choco fondue in different colors

the candy buffet





nice concept
crepe section



so full already for dessert...
After dinner, we still stayed at the place for a chit chat while drinking coffee and tea.  BTW, coffee and tea are included in the package.  If you don't like this, you can have wine and some drinks for an extra cost.








Also, the breads, jams, cheeses, ham and other foods are being sold here.  So, you can take them home for a fee.  They also have goodies for Christmas give aways.

I'm so satisfied with the experience.  Money is so worth it.  I love the cheeses and hams. The ambiance is world class as its foods.

Will I come back?  Sure, if it's for free.  For 2,800++, I can already take 3 people in Vikings hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment