Monday, February 23, 2015

SG: Day 2 - Sentosa (Waterfront, Imbiah and Beach Stations)

the famous Sentosa landmark
Day 2, August 25, 2014

It's highly recommended to ride a bus (A80) from our hotel going to Vivo City Mall, the gateway to Sentosa Island where the monorail station is housed. The fare is cheaper and you will have time to see the streets of Singapore.  Just sit at the 2nd floor of the double decker bus.  I have fun seeing the old Portuguese houses in Bugis area.

Bus guides


old Chinese temple



some old Portuguese houses

We ate breakfast at Food Republic before riding the monorail.  This features Asian cuisines.  However, hubby and I opted for the traditional breakfast of luncheon meat and egg.  A's  Korean breakfast is more appealing.

I love the set up




Korean breakfast
After breakfast we secured our monorail tickets.  Each ticket costs S$4 with unlimited ride within Sentosa Island.



tickets station

 Waterfront Station



Hubby and I joined the group in going to Universal Studios though we just had a photo ops at the famous US landmark while our companions entered the theme park.  Good thing there are kiosks outside selling souvenirs so I wasted no time purchasing some ref magnets.  Souvenir items are quite expensive but with good quality.








We  then checked Herseys chocolates store. We quite killed the time looking at the novelty items but opted to buy only a few of chocolates (di puede mabigat na dalahin sa pag-ikot).  Then I bought some ref. magnets in USS store. 
 







I love M&Ms








We rode the monorail again and embarked in Imbiah Station.  This is where a bigger replica of the Merlion is located.  We didn't went up for site seeing since it has a fee but rather opted for some photo ops only. 


 
Our last Sentosa stop is at Beach Station where the Sky ride and Luge reside.  The indoor skydiving, Wings of Time and beaches are also located here.


indoor sky diving - I wanna try this someday



I never thought the Sky ride is nerve wrecking.  Just sitting in an open carrier and looking at the small things below made me really nervous.  However, the Luge is a very enjoyable ride. We waited for 2 hours at the Luge queue since it rained hard.  Thank goodness that we have just embarked from the Sky ride when it started to rain.  I really love to repeat the Luge but I don't have the heart to ride the Sky ride again.

my knees are shaking while taking this shot





One whole day is not enough to fully cover this island.  You must allocate at least a day for USS alone.  I'm looking forward in bringing the kids here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment