Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hello 2015... Thanks 2014

Another year has passed...  I'm still soooo delayed with my travel posts and it's February already!!!  Obviously, it will be a busy year (for me)...

2014 travels
Surprisingly, this is the year that I have no written resolutions and any plans.  I am so damn lazy in thinking about the future.  It's so really not me.  Maybe due to all the uncertainties in the office lately, I just want to wait what will happen next and not worry too much about it.  I lift all my worries to the Above.
However, I still managed to book for a trip beginning this year (at least I did the right decision of continuing with my travels).  Though for this year, I will definitely keep it low in terms of travelling.  It's about time to focus more on the most essentials in life - my health and family.  My body keeps on reminding me lately to slow down and just rest for a while.  Yeah, I'm going in the middle ages and I have no control of it but I have to take care more of my body, soul and mind.
So what had happened in 2014?  I traveled lesser compared to 2013 (a total of 14 travels) but still exceeded my travel quota of at least 2 travels per year.  I guess I still can't control of my wandering feet.
Recap of the year that was... through my journeys...

EO January 2014
Baguio City


The Windangan family got an itch of seeing Baguio.  So, without much further discussion about it, we just went one weekend.  We passed by Manaog Church to say our prayers, to keep us safe during the entire travel.  We went to the usual famous spots, enjoyed the cold weather, tried some famous restaurants and just have some fun.  We brought a lot of vegetables and Good Shepherd products in going home.







April 25-27, 2014
Summer in Anvaya and Subic


The Windangan family was fortunate to have a friend whose relative is a member in Anavaya - an exclusive resort in Bataan. Since the accommodation is quite pricey, we opted for a day tour only.  For Php300.00 (consumable with food and drinks), the day tour is more than worth it.  We had fun swimming in the pool and the sea.  The food is also great.
We then stayed for 2 nights in Subic Homes, our official summer home.  We just stayed in the centralized air conditioned home while the kids had fun swimming in the mini pool.  Of course, Subic travel is not complete without visiting the duty free shops for us ladies.


May 17-19, 2014
Tagaytay (Ilog Ni Maria, Caleruega Church and Sky Ranch)


We celebrated my Mom's and Ynah's birthdays in our cousin Tin's home.  They are so hospitable enough to accommodate our big family.  We celebrated their birthdays with food and trip to Tagaytay.  I was able to visit Ilog Maria and tried their products.  The kids tried the zip line in Sky Ranch and we all have fun riding the big Ferris wheel with the famous Tagaytay Volcano for our view.  Finally, after years of planning, we were able to visit and heard mass in Caleruega Church.







Aug. 24-28, 2014 (not yet posted)
Singapore


Most of us are first timers here so I made sure to cover all the "must see" places in a four day itinerary.  I'm quite amazed of this tiny place - is has so much to offer.  We enjoyed the food - yummy but not too expensive, the fast and efficient transportation - it's a wonder for a Filipino to experience this (why can't we simply do it here in the Philippines!), the theme parks - who wouldn't like to visit Universal Studios, right? and the superb Engineering - Gardens by the Bay, Sky Flyer, etc.  There's is just no dull moment in SG.  Also, the best part is seeing my old pal K and her family.








August 25, 2014 (not yet posted)
Day Trip in LEGOLAND, Malaysia


This theme park is not originally included in our itinerary but I'm glad that we included it since it's just a few hours away from SG and  this theme park is worth the trip.  It is still on-going expansion but the hotel is already established and some rides.  I'm not fond of park rides but I enjoyed the Lego buildings - scaled KL, SG and some famous landmarks from Southeast Asia.  I just wondered why they only featured Bolinao here, which is not quite famous for the Philippines.  Anyway, I love to take the kids here someday.




November 2014
Work Assignment in Cebu


Bes J joined me in Cebu when my work is about to finish.  Since we have so limited time, we opted to enjoy the food and some nearby Museums.  I'm so glad to see my former boss and mentor Kuya R.  He's so generous with his time.  He took us to dinner and to his workplace where we just hang - him playing the guitars and we - just singing.  We really had a wonderful time.  I'm so looking forward in going back and meet him again.










kuya R, enjoying strumming the guitar

November 22, 2014 (not yet posted)
Day Trip in Corregidor


Thanks to Metro Deal and I was able to score some vouchers with 1K discount (each).  It's really a big discount on my part (with half a dozen family members).  It's just a day tour but we were enriched with years of history.










December 2014
Swimming in Island Cove (still not posted)

We were invited in a birthday party which was held here.  The pool is huge and with high and long slides.  The kids enjoyed the swimming party, with lots of food and take home goodies.  This place is a nice location for swimming parties - a not so distant get-away from Manila.

my girls

kiddie pool

the huge pool with slides


the gazebo where parties are being held
December 23-26, 2014 (not yet posted)
Spending Christmas in Baguio with the family



It's the first time for our family to be away from home during the holiday season.  My sister, who is now based in Canada, returned home for a visit with her family.  She suggested that we spend Christmas somewhere, so off we go to Baguio, to experience the cold weather.  We again stayed in Brentwood since accommodation is so affordable and we can cook here. 
We visited the usual tourist spots.  We enjoyed seeing Camp Manor's Christmas offerings.  On Christmas eve, we heard the mass at the Cathedral.  It's a solemn and intimate celebration for us and most important of all, we are somehow complete on this Christmas.


December 26-28, 2014 (not yet posted)
Returning to Sagada with the Family


I can't forget how grateful and amazed I was the first time I experienced Sagada, so it's in my bucket list to take the kids there.  After almost five years, the feeling is quite different though the place is exactly the same - not much of the progress (which I still love about it).  But the tourists have tripled in number as most of them were not able to get a place to stay and have to go somewhere near.
I realized that my energy is not quite strong compared the first time I was here.  We were able to hike to Echo Valley, mini falls and Lumiang Cave  but we were really soooo tired afterwards that we can barely walk.  Even the kids can't keep up with this kind of activity so I have to cancel the Sumaging cave spelunking.  We have enjoyed the very cold weather, the simple life and the fresh air.









December 28, 2014
Stopping by Banaue Rice Terraces


It's a grueling 12 hours travel from Sagada to Pampanga via Isabela route.  Though the view is so strikingly magnificent, the road is quite scary.  It's a good thing that hubby is a skilled driver.  We opted this route so we can pass by Banaue Rice Terraces.  This man made terraces never fail to amaze me.  I really can't imagine how our forefathers worked hard in creating these rice fields.  The kids are also in awe upon seeing it.  At least, they now have an idea on how determined and industries our forefathers have been.  I hope this travel will leave a mark on their minds and learned others' culture.




For this year, I really wish that I will have enough time, motivation and energy to post all my previous travels....

No comments:

Post a Comment