Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Birthday Celebration in Oakwood Premier, Ortigas

Our dearest eldest daughter has officially turned into a young lady last January 25.  If you're a parent like me, you'll understand how stressful it is to have a debutante (financially, emotionally and physically!).  It really took me a long time to plan and prepare for her birthday.  As any parent's wish, I wanted it to be memorable and special.
 
where did all the time go????
I'm thankful that my daughter didn't request for a grand celebration.  She agreed that it will be just a simple celebration since she understood that her dental braces is our priority and will cost quite a hefty amount.  She even expected that we will just dine out.  But I can't just accept to make it too simple for her.  She will be 18 only once anyway.

My options were - swimming party in a not so expensive resort for her friends and a separate dinner for the family, hotel stay for our family or out of town travel.  After contemplating for so long, I'm so grateful with sis J for the voucher she gave me.  It was an overnight stay for 2 bedroom suite in Oakwood, with two complimentary breakfast.  All of these for Php8,500.00 only instead of Php12,500.00.  It's a steal deal since I can take the whole family and her friends plus they can have a swimming bonding here.
 
Four months before her birthday, I was able to book for a room, organize a surprise party (with closest friends only), ordered a cake, finalized the souvenirs and decorations and prepared a scrapbook for her.  We are so careful in not letting her know our plans.  I realized how hard it is to hold a surprise party.
 

beautiful cake made by Ms. Grace

 
 
Going back to the hotel, Oakwood is strategically located in Ortigas commercial center, fronting ADB and Podium and a few steps away from Robinson's and SM Mega Mall.
 
In terms of amenities, the suite consists of 2 rooms, one master bedroom with a bath tub and twin bedroom with shower and toilet, a kitchen with complete utensils and appliances, a dining table (good for 6) and a laundry corner with washing machine and dryer. So, it's like being home but with better amenities and location.  The hotel also has a restaurant, gym, spa, Jacuzzi tub and indoor swimming pool.  The best part is the strong Wi-Fi connection inside the rooms (up to 4 devices are allowed without extra payment).
 
Actually, we were quite in awe since we expected less of this hotel though I have reviewed it for many times.  Seeing it for real is a different experience.
 
Let me tour you around.
 
The living room  - my son and hubby enjoyed sitting here while playing PS4 NBA games.  They also slept here for the night since we are quite jam packed.  The view is the Ortigas sky line.
 
very spacious living room
 The entertainment table has a flat screen with speakers.  You can bring game consoles and watch movies.
 
 
 
The Master bedroom - obviously we enjoyed this room so much since it has a bath tub, a flat screen TV and soft bed.  If not for the birthday party, I could've just stayed on this bed all day.  The toilet and bath is complete with toiletries, hair dryer, weighing scale, towels, slippers and bath robes.  It's like being in a luxurious hotel minus the high cost.
 

dresser and the entertainment table

The tub has a window so you can view the bedroom, I guess to watch your kids in case you have small children with you.  Before going to bed, I soaked in this tub for so long and watched TV.  It has relaxed me somehow.



it's so relaxing being in a tub while watching TV



reading nook


the view from our window
complimentary set of toiletries
 
The 2nd twin bed room - this is where my daughter's friends surprised (her).  They stayed here for a slumber party.  It has a flat screen TV and toilet and bath. It was able to accommodate 6 people. 
 


 
 
surprise!!!!!  she's happy that her friends were there to celebrate with her

The dining room - we decorated it a little bit for the birthday party.  I'm happy that it's big enough to accommodate our guests.


breakfast the day after

hubby and the celebrant hanging some decors

with her closest friends from HS

The kitchen area - we love how complete it is with utensils and appliances (ref, microwave oven, oven with stove, dish washer, coffee maker and electric kettle).  It's my first time to see and experience the dish washer so I really enjoyed it's function.  All you need to bring are the foods and drinks.



 


The laundry area - instead of taking dirty clothes home, you can wash them here instead.

washer and dryer

The indoor pool - it is enough for a small crowd. 


the Jacuzzi is at the upper portion






The restaurant - since my eldest daughter is swimming with her friends the next day morning, I took my other daughter for the buffet breakfast.  There is wide array of selection - from Filipino, Chinese to Western meals.  I liked the breakfast served with unlimited juices and teas.



Chinese station

Bread station




my other daughter, enjoying the food


We really enjoyed our stay here.  I'm looking forward for a 2 nights stay here someday, when there is a promo.  I read from their site that they are offering Monsoon promo, during rainy days at half the price.  It's a good deal considering staycation is the best option during rainy season.

our dearest family

The staff are so accommodating, helpful and friendly.  They are not even strict in the number of guests as long as you will not be noisy.  It's a perfect get away and venue for intimate parties.  For more information regarding this hotel, please visit http://www.oakwoodpremiermanila.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment