Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Davao| Pearl Farm Resort

happened on January 19-20, 2016



finally!!!
It's one of my dreams to set foot on this resort from the moment I saw it on TV.  I had been to Samal Island thrice but not in this part.  If you are on a budget, you'll definitely won't book here for the cheapest room for a couple cost Php10,500.00 (advanced booking).  Included is the buffet breakfast for two.  I just closed my eyes and typed my credit card number online.  It's that easy, but not for the pocket.  But I have no regrets at all in booking here. You really pay for the service.  The moment I made my reservation, their representative called me and verified my booking.  She even arranged everything for me; from the transportation to the nicest room to get.  This is really a big plus.

lots of fishes here
Come Jan. 19, we woke up early morning to catch the 8AM boarding time.  We went to Marina Wharf where the boat, that will take us to the resort, is docked.  You have to catch this trip to maximize your stay in the resort.  Next available trip is at 1:00PM.  

Marina Wharf

This docking area is not just an ordinary port.  I highly suggest that you go here at least an hour in advance, before departure time, to have enough time to enjoy it.  Bottled water will be distributed upon arrival.  There is a pool if you want to take a dip.  There is also a souvenir shop for local handicrafts.  As for us, we just enjoyed the scenic view of the sea.




the port

our shuttle going there

It will take around 1 hour to reach the resort.  The staff will welcome you with some refreshing drinks.  It's powdered juice though so you can skip it.  We first took some photos before being ushered to the main reception area.   I love the interiors here, including the furniture.  They are truly work of art.

the aquamarine water



The architecture and interiors of this resort are marine life and Mindanao inspired.  Take note of the jelly fishes lighting and the furniture.  Everything is simply interesting.

beach front stilt houses
the infinity pool

the reception area

jelly fish inspired chandelier
It's still lush green and a mountain as back drop.  I felt instantly relaxed.  It's so isolated from the hustle and bustle of the city.  It's just us and nature surrounding us.  I can only hear the birds chirping and some insects' noise.

the hills are alive




There is a shuttle service that took us in our room on the hill side.  I love the view here.


Malipano Islet


Here is our huge room.  Downside: there is no bath tub.





After settling in, we changed our clothes to swimwear and went to Malipano Island.  I will just post another entry for this beautiful islet.

Dinner is at the hotel's restaurant, .  We had pizza, pasta and beer.  I just love lazing around and marveling at the pool and sea.  The sea is so calm.  We were even serenaded with calming music. Before we knew it, we are all sleepy and needed to call it a night.





Our second day was spent snorkeling in the beach front after taking our big breakfast.  The buffet is a spread of International cuisines with local delicacies like durian jam.







You don't need to go far to enjoy snorkeling as there is an abundance of fishes in the marina area.  We bought a pack of old bread from the restaurant for P30.00 and fed these fishes.  They are so aggressive so you have to be careful in feeding them.





The rest of our free time was spent exploring around.

the water activities rental area

the souvenir shop






Then the sad part came... we need to leave and be back in the city.  The service shuttle dropped us on our preferred location so we asked to be dropped off in Luz Kinilaw.  

Three thumbs up for this resort.  I have to save first for my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment