Friday, November 07, 2014

Cebu Series: Choobi-Choobi "lingaw lingaw kaon"

Hello again my dearest blog.  It's an updated post this time  (though I still have a lot on queue).

it is located at the top with an open space type restaurant
 
I'm soooo glad to be back in Cebu after my Oslob adventure but it's more of work related this time.  Just the same, listening to my wandering self, I can't leave it without having some fun and adventure.  This time, I have limited time so I opted to check interesting places inside Cebu City.  I also promised myself to try the seafood again.  So, I did some research on how to make my short stay here worth it.

On my third day here, my friend invited me to join her in meeting some friends for lunch.  So after doing some work, I joined them for lunch.  Her friend recommended this fast rising "fast food type" restaurant offering different seafood dishes in Park Mall.  There are also some branches in different parts of Cebu City.
 
I've learned from him that the owner of this joint also owns a seafood farm.  Thus, the food being served here is guaranteed fresh and straight from the farm.  The word "choobi" means yummy in Taiwan. 
 
The restaurant is an open space type. It's November so it's not quite hot and the place is airy. 

fast food type setting

so inviting
Looking at their menu, we have a hard time choosing so we let the expert choose for us.  From the menu, it can be seen that the food costs so affordable.
 
super affordable seafood
 
And here are our orders... 
 
shrimp in a bag with corn for P299.00

grilled stuffed squid for P215.00

I love this veggie; Cha Chao Miao for P150.00

grilled sea shell for P20/pc
 
Our verdict???  Let this plate answer...
 
kawawang pompano
 
Do we need to say more?  We were even amazed when the bill came - only Php1,800 for all of our orders (for five persons).  We even have a pitcher of delicious iced tea and some ice cream scoops for dessert.  This is not so possible in Manila, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment