Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ilog Maria in Silang

How fortunate we are, to learn that Ilog Maria is just a stone throw away from my cousin's home.  I have been wanting to try their products since I saw some in Eco Village.

While the kids are swimming, we visited this place to check its products.  I'm always fascinated in seeing a bee farm since (1) it's rare in a tropical country like the Philippines, (2) I'm learning a lot on how they can tame these insects and (3) who does not love honey?

the cultured bees


Since I'm so curious about this place and its name (I thought it's situated near a river), I read about its humble beginnings from their website - http://www.ilogmaria.com.

It's very inspiring to learn that the proprietor - Jun Magsaysay has built this place from scratch and it took him a lot of years before it came out  to be this successful.  He and his wife have done everything from scratch.  But with determination, dedication, hard work and faith, they have produced natural and quality bee products.

It was named "Ilog Maria" in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary with whom his mom has prayed for a rain during the drought period in 1990s, where the plants in the farm are beginning to wither. Miraculously, rain dropped only in their farm after his mom's intense prayer.

Their products are guaranteed to be pure and natural.  Here are some of them..

one of their best sellers 

I love the smell of this and very refreshing to the hands

this is my favorite product, you'll really feel fresh all day when using this one

I don't quite like the smell of this

cute for Christmas display



I would like to have this Nativity set
 So when you're bound for Tagaytay, include this place in your itinerary and I assure you that it will be worth visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment