Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cebu Series: Feeling Nostalgic in STK Ta Bai ! at Paolito's Seafood Restaurant

Cebu is so rich in history and delicious dishes.  So, it's like finding a treasure to find these two combined in a restaurant.


with a homey feel
My former boss and dear friend R, who is now assigned in Cebu, has treated us for our last dinner in Cebu - here in STK.  Actually, I have requested him to take us here since he's been raving about it on our first meeting.  Thus, before going to the airport we passed by this place first after failing to buy lechon for our "pasalubong".
 
STK is a home turned restaurant.  Now, it has an Annex, proving that it is well received by the locals and tourists as well.

He's so right about saying that it's like dining inside a museum.  This place is without a doubt a "glimpse of the past".  Since Cebu has been the one of the first cities for the Spaniards to settle and spread Christianity, it has a rich history.  The Cebuanos ancestors has somehow kept many memorabilia.  Lucky for them that their next generations had properly secured and preserved these as well.
 
This place I heard is always jam packed with its loyal clients.  I can't blame them.  Upon entering the place, you will already feel transported in time.  With all the memorabilia displayed in every nook and corner, you can't help imagine living in the previous era - the time when life is so glamorous and there are many affluent people, as can seen from the pictures below.   The family obviously belongs to one of the affluent families of Cebu.  Imagine being able to travel during that era!

a wedding dress

I guess they are also travelers.




I soooo love this collection.







It can also be seen that they are religious people and the Spaniards has successfully spread Christianity all over the Philippines.





 
Now, let's not forget that this is a restaurant.  As for the food being served, I find some of the dishes "so-so".  For me, their best dish is the  Grilled Tuna Panga. I still have to try their other dishes to completely review their menu.


sinigang mixed seafood... sorry but I can cook a better version of this hehe
No offense meant to the Cebuanos, but I have not yet tasted a good Sinigang in Cebu (and I have been trying for a lot of times already).   I discovered that they are best in preparing lechon and grilled foods. 

first time to see a pink rice - caused by the bagoong paste incorporated with it

their best (for me)

But based from the crowd when we were here and testimonies on the walls, it seems it has a lot of loyal customers.





I would definitely recommend it for the ambiance.






So when in Cebu, please do drop by...

No comments:

Post a Comment