Sunday, January 10, 2016

2015 - My "Wander" Year

It had been a challenging year - career wise.  It was a roller coaster ride emotionally.  Until now, I'm still waiting for the final moment with my company.  I can only hope for the best and be confident that everything will be OK.
 
it was a great year indeed!!!
Unknowingly, I have been affected with these challenges that last year had been with my most number of travels (so far).  Aside from my planned travels, some were added when my BFF went home for a visit plus the invitations of some friends.
 
Here is my travel summary for 2015:
 
January 2015
 
It's "us" time for me and my hubby.  I can say that this is our fist honeymoon since we didn't have one when we got married and this is the first time that we traveled alone, just the two of us.
 
1. Macau - It's his first time and my second.  We are fortunate to have his first cousin M to be our tour guideagain.  He took us to an old village and some local restaurants that offer authentic Chinese and Macau dishes for affordable prices.  We also saw the posh restaurant, Belon, where his GF works.

buying our breakfast in Red Market

just stepping on a bar of gold and diamonds

original bakery of the famous Lord Stow's

Lord Stow's cafe

an old church in Coloane Village

St. Paul's Ruins

Wynn's dancing fountain

how can I steal all of these money?

Belon's hallway
 2. Hong Kong - Again, it's hubby's first while my fifth.  I'm glad to tour him around.  We were both first timers in Ngo Ping 360 deg and we enjoyed it very much despite the unfavorable weather. I'm still in awe with the panda even if I saw it for three times already in Ocean Park.  We also had fun shopping since HK is a shopping haven even with a very limited budget.  Most our free time was spent walking along Nathan Road and window shopping.

cable ride in Ocean Park


cable ride in Ngong Ping 360

celebrity for a day

trying to endure the very cold weather


amazing dolphins in Ocean Park

helping TW for a perfect shot




3. Staycation in Oakwood Premier in Ortigas for the debut celebration of our eldest child PY.  A lot of thanks for my friend J for giving us a voucher so our stay was discounted.  I fell in love with this residential hotel.  I love the kitchen, soft bed and pillows, spacious rooms, bath tub, swimming pool and the ambiance.  I spent the night just soaking in the tub while watching my favorite TV show.

the Master's bedroom with a bath tub

souvenirs from our dearest debuntate


with her close friends

March 2015


4. Hotel Kimberly, Tagaytay - despite the uncertainties in the office, our Division held a team building cum General Assembly in this hotel.  It's quite far from the famous attractions in Tagaytay but with a very relaxing ambiance. Since we didn't have a car, we just stayed in the hotel drinking and partying.

 
the farm
 
the lobby
 
5. Real, Quezon - I joined Bes J in going home to Laguna.  The next day, we visited this place for a seafood tripping.  I love how fresh the produce are.  After eating, we passed by little Baguio where the weather is cooler and the clouds are just within reach.  The home owner is so gracious in letting us in and check their vacation home.

what a big catch

Real shoreline



April 2015

6. Anvaya Cove, Bataan - our Windangan group decided to go to this exclusive resort again for our yearly summer get together.  It's still well maintained and clean. The beach is still inviting and relaxing.

Anvaya beach

the huge pool



7. Subic Homes, Subic - again, after Anvaya, our group stayed in this village.  It's way cheaper here but with great amenities.  The group never run out of stories to tell and share.


May 2015

8. Three Falls in Sta. Maria, Laguna - The Windangan Group tried the adventure going to these falls.  Trekking was challenging for us adults but just a play for the kids.  These hidden falls are truly a gem for Sta. Maria.

load test for the bridge

giant trees

the unsafe bamboo bridge

the 2nd level falls

father and son stone balancing

9. Liliw, Laguna - after seafoods eating in Real, our group headed to Liliw for shoe shopping since this is the shoe capital of the South.  My girl pals enjoyed shoe shopping while I'm more into old churches visiting.  I love their old church that is made of bricks.

Laguna de Bay


the altar

10. Pililla, Rizal Wind Farm - before heading home, we passed  by the newly installed wind mills in Rizal.  It has a closer look of the wind mills but not as close like in Ilocos Norte. 





This is my first and last regional assignment for this year and maybe for this company.  It has been more than a decade already from my last visit here in 2001.  I'm so excited when I learned that I will have to go here for my work.

11. Legaspi, Albay - It has some developments but the ambiance is still the same - relax and slow.  It's nice to see Daragang Magayon again.  It's still majestic.  I again tasted Bicol delicacies.  I love their food.

majestic Daragang Magayon

booming cafe

Cagsawa Ruins

Legaspi Cathedral

Daraga Church with Mt. Mayon on  the side

12. Naga City, Camarines Sur - I had little time going around so I just visited the church of "Ina" and the town center.  It's more like Manila now with jam packed establishments.  A lot of restaurants had opened so more choices in terms of dining.



Villa Caceres

June 2015

13. Aquaria, Playa, Calatagan - I volunteered myself in joining Bes J's company outing.  It's an emerging residential resort.  It boasts its spiral swimming pool and the clean beach in Calatagan.  Amenities not yet fully completed but within two years, I'm sure it's one place to be famous during summer time.

kiddie pool

the beach


splash fun



August 2015

It's a long weekend during the end of this month and our family got bored so we decided for a nearby travel.  We have been Manila residents for a couple of years and still not totally toured around it.  It's a perfect time to introduce to kids what Manila can offer.
 
14. Paco Park, Manila - I've been meaning to go here.  I can't find the reason why I haven't for the past three decades living in the Metro.  It's a tiny park but with serene environment.  It's a best place for communing with nature and just letting the time pass by.
 
 
15. National Museum, Manila - it's one of the Museums in the Philippines that must be visited.  It houses a lot our National pride in terms of the arts.  You will have a look of the authentic paintings of our renowned and famous artists from the early times like Juan Luna, Jose Rizal, etc.

Sarimanok sculpture


September 2015

Our second "us time" travel.  We've been adventurous this time by trying to hike the seven falls in Mambukal nature resort.  We also enjoyed the food most.

16. Silay City - I want to retire here.  I love that they maintain and restored the old Spanish houses.  Life here is so relax.

Balay Negrense



first US pocketbooks version






17. Bacolod City - I want to go back for the food.  It's really a food lover paradise and with affordable prices.

the Capitol

7th Falls

Talisay Ruins


Natural Sulfur pool
October 2015

18. Marikina City - We were invited by our friends for a house tripping here (yep, we are starting to scout for a home we can call our own but the cost is too feverish).  I never thought that house hunting is so tiring.  Good thing that it was not so hot that time.  Since Marikina is also known for emerging small restaurants, we tried what they can offer.  We fell in love with Rustic Mornings for its ambiance and great tasting food.





November 2015

19. Birthday Celebration in Oakwood, Ortigas - It was a spur of the moment decision for my dearest friend A to celebrate her big "40" in this hotel with close friends (including us of course).  We brought food and drinks and chat all night long.  The next day we enjoyed the pool and sauna.  It was a fun weekend without the kids in tow.

20. Staycation in Alabang - with a long vacation brought by APEC meeting here in our country, I booked 2 nights staycation in Alabang.  Our family never been here since it's quite far from where we live. The kids enjoyed the pool and shopping in ATC.  I had the chance to meet my longtime friends which I rarely see.



21. Outreach in Munting Tahanan, Mabalacat, Pampanga - this is where our Windangan group held its first outreach activity.  It's quite stressful to organize an outreach but so worth it upon seeing the smile on the residents faces during the program.  For this year, a silent promise of doing more meaningful activities is on my bucket list.

loving this tiny brick chapel

birthdays celebration

with the residents

fun game for adults

a great singer from the residents


22. Abe's Farm, Magalang, Pampanga - after our outreach, we had lunch here.  I ordered in advanced so when we arrived, the food is ready for us.  We love its farm ambiance.  The kids ran and played.


our next generation



December 2015

This is my time for BFF A and her family.  Whenever she visits, I made sure to organize her vacation very well and worth it.  Hubby and I were able to join them in two of their travels.

23. Bohol - Its charm is still haunting me.  After seven years, it's still enchanting and alluring.  The quake did little to shake its guts and beauty.  Most of the old churches were affected and for renovation but the natural parks are still open and standing might.  Panglao beach is still clean, charming and pristine white as it was before.

playing on the pristine white beach of Panglao

at the blood compact site

the ever loner and snob tarsier

jump shot fail in man made forest

Chocolate hills with hubby

famous Loboc river cruise

all smiles in Hinagdanan Cave
Before the year ended, our families (A's and mine) went for a long trip to the North.  I was not ready for the influx of people during the holidays.  The trip became so tiring and unpleasant because we have to wait for hours during lunch and dinner and all of the famous tourist spots were crowded.  Though the views are still picturesque and amazing, it's a different scenario when they are jam packed with people.

24. Ilocos Sur (Vigan) - It's with my family and her family this time.  We lived along the heritage street Crisologo so we got a nostalgic feel of the place.  The museums are now being renovated.  I'm disappointed with Baluarte because a few animals are in the zoo. It's not being maintained properly and nothing spectacular being offered to the guests.  It's totally a waste of time visiting it.

came early in the morning to enjoy the village street with few people

jam packed in Bantay Tower

the dying art of pottery


Calesa ride

in Crisologo Museum

in Syquia Museum
25. Ilocos Norte (Laoag) - highlight of the trip is the Sand Boarding activity.  The kids enjoyed it so much that they keep telling about it  over and over again. We also visited Juan Luna's home (unfortunately close for renovations), Paoay Church, Marcos home in Batac and Malacanang of the North.
at Paoay Church




26. Ilocos Norte (Pagudpud) - we passed by Cape Bajeador, Bangui Windmills, Kapurpurawan Rock and Patapat Duct. The kids enjoyed the horseback riding going to Kapurpurawan.  We settled in Suad Beach for a night.  Though the sea is not ideal for swimming due to big waves, the kids spent their time swimming in the pool. 

at Cape Bojeador

the amazing Kapurpurawan Rock formation

Bangui Windmills


It's proven, the way to handle stress is to forget about it by being busy.... with travels that is ^-^.  Thank you so much Lord for all the blessings, trials that made me stronger and the people that keep me grounded, feel loved and happy.

Cheers to 2016!!!!  Please be kind to us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment