Sunday, July 19, 2015

San Juan| Chef Laudico Guevarra's


the old home turned restaurant
In most food blogs that I've chanced upon, this restaurant is always mentioned.  The more I'm stalking reading blogs, the more I'm convinced to try  this buffet restaurant in San Juan.
 

Thus, when my team (in the office) had planned for a lunch-out, I suggested this place.  It's quite far from our office so we left early in time for lunch.  Good thing, we arrived early so I still have enough time to shoot the place with lesser people around plus we were nicely sit in a corner.


I love the old house turned restaurant theme.  You know that I really love vintage stuffs so anything like it is a "must visit" for me.  I simply love looking at old stuffs at the same time having thoughts of their history.


We were seated in a corner since we are only a group of three.  I love the table arrangements as they are not bumping with each other. You got the feeling of privacy even if there are other people seated near you.  I imagine being here with my female friends and just having chit chat while enjoying the food.

There are also some rooms for private events and big gatherings; smallest room can occupy up to 20 persons while the biggest, up to more than 100 persons.  Yep, it's a big old rich house.

can sit up to 20 persons


As for the food, they cater Filipino comfort food.  The concept is like eating in your grandma's home during the weekend with a feast to look forward to in every visit.  Just some of the spread that I shot:

The soup and appetizer section:

the soup





a must try
The main dish section:





The carving station:



Desserts:








yup, they only offer Pepsi products
The best for me are (1) lechon - really succulent, soft and tender, (2) kare-kare - they really nailed it and (3) the angus steak.  I wish to try everything but my tummy can't accept anything anymore.




 
As for desserts, there is wide array of choices - brownies, mini cakes, ice cream, halo-halo and some more.  Thinking what to pick is a great challenge. I tried some that I don't usually see on a dining table plus some of my comfort food.  Again, I wanted to try everything but there are too many options to choose from.  It's really confusing what to try first.  I wasn't even able to get some ice cream.
 
 
They also have the birthday promo, that is, the celebrant gets a free dining experience on his birthday.  They will even prepare a short number with a birthday cake. 
 

 
It's a great tummy experience.  The price is worth it for the taste and selection of foods being offered.  It's not much as compared to the popular buffet restaurants but they offer only their specials in which I guess is a better option for foodies like me.  I'll surely be back on my upcoming birthday.
 
For more information, please visit their facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/ChefLaudicoGuevarras







 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the requirement of the birthday promo? At least 1 paying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday promo is it free dinning during a birth month or on the day his/her birthday only

    ReplyDelete