Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bicol 2015 Series| Small Talk Cafe

One of the challenges of traveling is finding a good eatery and trying out delectable local dishes.  When I'm on a business trip, I always look for the most recommended eateries since food is my no. 1 on the list to enjoy due to limited sight seeing time.  After a very stressful work, a good food can instantly change one's mood.
 
the small café
Based on my research and blog stalking, this is one of the well recommended restaurants in Legazpi City.  It's a home turn into a Cafe'.  I guess, that the grandma is a good cook which gave them a good idea to venture in a restaurant business and it proves to be a right decision.
 
Fortunately, my hotel is just a few steps away from this place.  I tried this for lunch and return again for afternoon snack together with my colleagues.
 
For the ambiance - they have both indoor and outdoor settings.  Indoor is mostly occupied during day time since it's fully air conditioned and outdoor is for evening gatherings.  This place is jam packed when I visited during lunch.
 

I love this waiting area.  It tells a lot of history.

nice to hang-out in the evenings



 
 
They can also arrange for a closed space for meetings and private gatherings, though from the looks of it, can only accommodate at least 20 persons.
 
the upper portion can be closed for private gatherings
Looking at the menu, prices are affordable. 
 

 

These are our orders:

Laing Pasta for Php130.00

frozen chocolate mousse for Php60.00
their deluxe pizza for Php300++


hamburger set for Php140++

My verdict?  I'll give it 3.5 out of 5.  I liked the Laing Pasta but found the pizza and hamburger just so-so.  The dough of the pizza is not restaurant quality. The hamburger for me is a disappointment as it is not juicy and the patty is not ok.  The frozen cake is also ordinary.  I have to return to try their viands.  They might have other delectable dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment