Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Very Quick Business Trip in Bicol

...happened on May 18-21, 2015


With our numerous projects in the office, an extra hand is needed in our Bicol office.  As they say "what is meant for you will be yours".  Fortunately, there is no other available personnel but me.  After a decade of setting foot in this place, I was so ecstatic to return.  Why have I not return earlier???
 
we met again my love
Bicol will always have a special place in my heart since this is my very first regional assignment.  On my first assignment, I was tasked to complete a telecommunication cable distribution plan for Camalig, Albay.  After that, I've been returning ever since for various acceptance projects.  But with the re-organizational movements in the company, my last assignment was on 2003 where I have an acceptance job in Daet and Naga City.
 
The funny thing is - with numerous visits in Bicol, it seems I'm clueless of this province.  I guess that's what a decade gap can do. 
 
see you in a while Legazpi

still lush and green


 
Anyways, it's just a 4 day business trip so I really can't spend a lot of my time for sight seeing (and I'm snoozing most of my free time hehehe).   Here's my itinerary for this quick trip.
 
I'm still in awe upon seeing Mt. Mayon (or Daragang Magayon to locals) during our landing on the runway.  How can I forget this beautiful creation?
 



I just dropped my things to my pre-booked hotel - Ninong's Hotel.  This is just a 2 year old hotel so my expectations are quite high.
 
 
Then took my lunch in this most recommended place here in Legazpi City.
 
a home converted to a restaurant
 Work after lunch... The previously prestigious and busy office looked like an abandoned building now.
 

 
After work, I invited my vendor for us to visit Cagsawa Ruins. 
 
Mt. Mayon is already hiding
 Then returned to my hotel vicinity to check some of the famous tourist spots there.
 
Penaranda plaza
St. Gregory Cathedral

City Hall

The Capitol
 Next day, I woke up early to witness the nice view from my window. 
 
isn't she gorgeous?
 I also traveled to Daraga to see the old church again.  I saw the beautiful mountain (again) from this area.  Since it's already almost late in the morning, Mt. Mayon is already being enveloped by clouds. 
 
I like it unpainted
 I traveled for 3 hours to Naga via van.  There's a heavy traffic at that time due to some road construction, which I hardly felt since I'm sleeping all the way.   I checked-in and rest for a while and waited for the sun to go down before embarking on a sight seeing tour again.

the expanded Villa Caceres
With enough rest, I rode a jeepney and went to the Centro, passing by the Cathedral, Sta. Isabel and San Francisco Church (which I don't have pictures of).  I ended in Penafrancia Shrine in time for a mass.  I lighted some candles, offered my prayers and heard the mass. 

the newly painted church
Dinner is in this cozy restaurant where I used to eat when I'm here.
  

Next day was intended for work.  We had lunch with this new hip restaurant Bob Marlin.  Obviously, the owner is a reggae fan.  I love its hip vibe.
 
yes! it's a seafood house
I was not able to return to the Cathedral and go to Basilica since I over slept the rest of the afternoon.  Next day was already my return to Manila. 
 
It was a fleeting moment seeing Mt. Mayon again and I felt so at peace while hearing the mass in Penafrancia Shrine.  If only time is on my side, I could've stayed longer for Caramoan and other nice beaches.  There's still a lot of famous food that I have yet to taste - sili ice cream, pinangat pizza, toasted siopao (Naga Garden view), Bigg's, Graceland, etc. There's a next time anyway.  I'm so looking forward in seeing you again Bicol!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment