Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Pampanga 2015| Munting Tahanan Ng Nazareth

happened on Nov. 21, 2015
 

"Be a blessing to others"
 
with the residents and the Jollibee crew
A member of our Windangan Group suggested to conduct an outreach to have a meaningful Christmas last year.  Due to time constraint we were not able to do it last year.  This year I was so stressed looking for an orphanage.  There are a lot of orphanages but we wanted one that has not much sponsors already.
 
I love conducting outreach.  In fact, I was able to join a few already.  These gave me a different kind of fulfillment but organizing it is a very different thing.  It simply is stressful.  Just looking for an orphanage is not an easy task.  Added to this is the raising of funds.
 
It was only in October that I was able to find one.  I forgot that my sister in law is working in one in Pampanga. Silly me!  It was a last minute planning again.  Next step is the available schedule since Christmas season means hectic schedule.  Even with our chosen schedule, the person who suggested this was not able to join.
 
Anyways, with God's guidance and help from our group, we were able to pull it off successfully.  Everything just flowed smoothly.  We even have additional benefactors during the event.

The group met in NLEX and was able to arrive on time for the event.  The residents must nap by 11AM so we must finish the whole program before that time.  It's a good thing that their partner Jollibee Dau is already experienced in conducting parties with the residents. We just took care of the gifts and finances.

It was a refreshing sight to see the orphanage.  It is situated in a vast land and polluted free environment.  I've learned that this land is also a donation as well as the homes built for the residents. There are still a lot of good souls around.






The residents were all ready and in their shirt uniforms when we arrived.  There are some restless ones which is understandable since these are people with different special needs. The air became instantly cheerful seeing the smile on their faces.


 

 
and so the program begins...  we have intermission numbers, from our group and one of the residents rendered a beautiful song...

my thirdy leading the prayer

my SIL giving her opening remarks

bes J giving a short speech

Ilano sibling

my bunsoy rendering a song

their pambato

then we played games...


longest greeting

enjoyable game

and a party is more fun with Jollibee around...



a birthday cake blowing for the November celebrants...





group picture taking....




and last part is feeding time for some of the residents... I didn't join the feeding activity but just observe from my place.  I'm afraid to feed them as I don't know how to.  I'm proud of my kids though, as they gladly feed them.











 
It was heart warming to see them take care of each other.  Those who are still capable are taking care of other residents like their family. Correction, they are family. 
 




I got mixed emotions seeing these people with special needs.  I realized how little awareness I have of them; their congenital situation, their feelings and needs.  I can't say that I'm fortunate enough not to have someone like them in our family.  All I know is that I salute the people who have someone like them and take care of them properly.  It's not an easy responsibility and need an unconditional love.  I hope our government will drive more awareness for these people. I wish that more people will also help.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment