Monday, October 05, 2015

Marikina City| Rustic Mornings

happened on October 4, 2015


You can count through my fingers on how many times I have set foot in Marikina since I live and work in Quezon City area.  I find this quite far for me to check out.  However, watching Kris TV and blog stalking gave me an idea that it is home to a lot of good eateries.
 
It's a good timing that my friends invited me for a house tripping there.  I immediately agreed since I also wanted to check if we can live here someday.
 
how can you not fall in love with this???
After the tiring house tripping (if only I have the money, I'll buy that 3-storey town house right then and there!), we looked for a nice restaurant to have an early dinner.  This will be a treat of one of our friends so a posh dining experience is a must.  Sulitin ang libre di ba?
 
His wife suggested this popular place - Rustic Mornings, which is owned by one of the chefs (Portia) with a Life Style Network program.  Apparently, during mornings this is jam packed so we're glad that there is an available table for our group upon our arrival.  Maybe this is due to the heavy downpour in this city since noon time.

I'm impressed with the place the moment I saw it.  Just like its name, the ambiance is rustic and homey. It's one of those old homes turned into restaurants.  But unlike other restaurants, this has an indoor and outdoor settings with secluded tables for group of 4 and above.  It's so appropriate for intimate gatherings as you need not worry of disturbing other guests.  Ok na Ok din for dates.
 






 
What I also love is the display of the trinkets that the owners have collected through the years.  So while waiting for the food to be delivered, you can just roam around and appreciate the displays of trinkets and some art works.  Some paintings are even for sale.
 

 












 
As for the food, they offer an all day breakfast, pastas, pizzas, salads and some yummy milk shakes.  Food is fairly priced with each serving is good for 2 persons.  Here's our order:
 

fail in ordering the Lychee fruit shake


yummy for Php196.00

pls. don't order this, Php200.00

crispy tawilis for Php 145.00

huge pancakes for Php140.00


buffalo and waffles for Php250.00

 
Over all, we all liked the food.  The waffles are crispy and a delish.  The pancakes are huge and worth the price with light yummy butter.  I don't usually like the salad dressings but this one has just the right sourness and tanginess.  I love the idea of serving salsa for the chicken fillets.
 
What I don't like is the fruit shake I ordered which I think costs too much for its taste.  I can't taste the lychee.  But the vanilla milk shake of hubby is too die for.
 
And the best part of dining here is we didn't experience any mosquito bite even we are located in the garden.
 
----------------------------------
11 I. Mendoza St., Marikina
9:00AM - 4:00PM weekdays
9:00AM - 9:00PM weekends
 
***all LG G4 shots
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment