Tuesday, July 09, 2013

An unfinished Pilgrimage in Kamay ni Jesus

another long overdue post....  sorry...

the gigantic sculpture
Merely a 15 minute travel from Lucban town is the the Kamay Ni Jesus Shrine.  It is famous for the healing masses and the gigantic sculpture of Jesus with open arms (inspired by the famous sculpture in Brazil).

Since our companions are dead tired from Pahiyas activity, it's only me and my youngest who brave the hiking.  We didn't climb up to the peak though.  I don't think I can with my super tired legs even if my youngest is still full of zest.

Fortunately there's a healing mass when we arrived.  We first heard the mass then we roam around for a short period of time.

The entrance to the Garden of Eve is also the entrance to the mountain where this gigantic scuplture lies.  You will be greeted with a vast greenery and various sculptures depicting some famous Bible stories.  Seeing the greenery refreshing you instantly. 
 
You will never fail to see Noah's Ark at the left side as it is also huge. To the right side is the way to the mountain.  Once you reached the top, it means you have completed the Station of the Cross.  Unfortunately, we were only able to reach the "Last Supper" site.

Let's begin with the tour....


the mass schedule
 
Ynah with the Virgin Mary as background
 
an extension of the church (yep, so many church goers)
 
welcome to paradise!
 
there's the Noah's ark
 
dumbo????
it's actually a classroom type
 
the mini falls

kois of different colors
 
 
the uneven path...
 
and the high stairs

the beautiful church from above

our journey ended here
 
candle lighting area


overview of the whole area that you need to climb

Well, I guess I need to return to complete my pilgrimage.  I will ensure next time that I have enough energy for this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment