Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Alabang 2015| Staycation in Parque Espana

happened on Nov. 17-19, 2015
 
Due to APEC event, the kids have a week long vacation and we employees have two days off.  Upon learning this, my eyes twinkled with delight and tinkled my laptop quick and went to Agoda website for hotel booking for a nearby staycation.  As early as September of this year, our half dozen family was already booked.  I also invited my dear friend L who is living nearby to join us.  Once she agreed, I promptly booked them for a room.
 
 
My initial plan is for an Oakwood staycation since I fell in love with this place when we held my eldest daughter's debut there last January.  When I checked the price, it will cost me P24,000 for 2 nights and as much as I love it here, I can't with my limited budget (over quota already for all the travels I had this year).  Thankfully, I found this residential hotel in Agoda.  I searched for blog reviews and convinced that it is ok to give it a try and we have never been in Alabang area so it's a great choice, plus the price is just half of Oakwood's.
 
APEC has its advantage and disadvantage.  For one, it will bring good economic future for our country.  The worst part though is the heavy traffic it created for us working and living here in the metro.  My friend was stuck in Makati for almost 8 hours so she was able to arrive in the hotel at early dawn next day.  We were not able to spend the first night with her as previously planned.

It's a miracle that our travel to Alabang is a breeze though.  I can't believe that this is Nagtahan bridge.  In less than an hour, we are in Alabang already.  Since check-in time is at 2:00PM, we had our lunch first in S&R.  But since we are already in this place, I can't forego of doing my grocery.

Is this really Nagtahan bridge on a Tuesday???
Parque Espana is located very near Commerce Center where the restaurants are located.  It's very near Acacia Hotel and Vivere Hotel.
 
We just arrived on time for our check-in. The lobby's theme is Mediterranean.  I love how they combined all the colors. 







 
It's holiday season already so it's also decorated with the season theme.  It's different during Christmas.  It brings a cheerful vibe anywhere.




We were billeted in a newly renovated 3 bedroom suite on the 18th floor.  Since I only booked for a 2 bedroom unit, they just locked one of the rooms. My friend's family was billeted in a one bedroom unit which is also nice and cheap at P3,500.00 per night with complimentary breakfast for two.
 



It's a residential unit with almost complete amenities - living room, dining area for 3 people, living room, master bedroom with a toilet and bath, one common T&B, maid's room but without a bed, porch, kitchen and ironing area.




writing desk



There is a kitchen with electric stove, oven, microwave oven, electric kettle, rice cooker and refrigerator.  What I don't like is that the kitchen utensils are incomplete.  They don't have tongs, pot holders, can opener and strainer.  The pots are not even big enough for a family of 6.  I felt that they are discouraging cooking here.  I just used the rice cooker for my spaghetti and soup.
  




The bedrooms are well air conditioned and the beds are fluffy and soft.  My daughter and I love the pillows.  She even wanted me to take them home.  However, the bed is just a queen size for the master bedroom and a single bed for the second room.  We just squeezed ourselves to fit in.



with a secured storage for valuables
I also miss the bath tub in a hotel.  Sorry talaga, but my heart is really missing Oakwood... nagtipid kase hahaha.  Buti nalang may TV sa bedroom.






 
The view outside is also nice.  You can see Laguna de Bay and Festival Mall from our balcony.  I guess our unit has the most amazing view .
 


It's also a different view at night.  It's so peaceful in here.  It's like being totally away from Manila.
  


Then it has a small pool located just above our floor.  We just have to use the staircase.  The pool is just on the other side of the Bistro/restaurant.  I didn't check the restaurant so I have no idea how it looks.




cute love birds



The kidney shaped pool is just enough for a small group.  My kids had fun that they swam twice. What I don't like is that the floor is slippery and not too clean.





There's also a gym but the lazy bug hit me so I just slept during my free time here.
 

Another advantage of this hotel is its free shuttle going to and from the nearby malls.  The shuttle is available from 9:00AM to 9:00 PM.  When you wanted to be picked up from the malls, you just have to call them.  We spent our second day shopping in Alabang Town Center.  My hubby is so glad not to bring the car for this shopping trip.  Their shuttle services are new and the drivers are so courteous and friendly.  I'm also glad to bond with my elementary friends L and J.
 
the shuttle service


with dearest friends J and L
My friend L still returned with us back to the hotel.  We just have a short chat and gave my Christmas gifts to them and they went home.  I hope to spend longer time with her but she has work the next day.  Someday we have to book for a longer time together.

with my pretty bff L

happy that she loved it
 To summarize my review for this hotel (an honest unsponsored review):
 
Thumbs Up:
1. Great service.  The staff are helpful, accommodating and friendly.
2. Affordable price
3. Location - near everything - restaurants, malls and other hotels
4.  Free shuttle going to and from ATC and Festival Mall
5. Soft pillows
6. The killer view of Alabang and Laguna de Bay
7. White and soft towels
8. Complete toiletries kit
9. the gym
10. free Wi-Fi access for 3 terminals
 
For improvement:
1. twin beds for the one bedroom
2. real king size bed for the master bedroom
3. complete kitchen utensils
4. induction stove for safety
5. well maintained pool floors and a life guard on duty
6. I read that they provide morning papers but we didn't get any when we're there
7. the rooms were not properly cleaned when we're there
8. they provided us an old towel on our 2nd day that looks dirty already
9. a bed in the maid's quarter
10. complimentary dishwashing soap and foam
11. weak to moderate Wi-Fi signal
 
***with this, I would still recommend this hotel since we have a great family bonding plus with our dearest friend's family... Alabang is such a nice place for a staycation.

happy gang
 
 
-----------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment