Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Into the Deep (My 4th Intro Dive)


Chasing Nemo
I had apprehentions in doing this for the 4th time since I had a traumatic experience on my last dive.  That was also in Batangas.  At that time, there is a strong underwater current so it was hard for me to be still  and breath properly. I was gasping for my breath and my mask is being penetrated with water.  I was not able to complete the alloted time and fear has defeated me already.  So there's no choice but to go up and surrender.

But I have to conquer that fear.  And this is one opportunity that should not be missed.  So off to my 4th intro dive. First step is signing a waiver.  Sabi nga ni chyng (www.chyngreyes.com) - "malakas ang loob ng may insurance".

with the professional scuba divers...parang di ako kinakabahan dito

i' was still thinking to back out here
After a short briefing with my dive instructor, Renz, I prepared for my gears.  I still had butterflies in my stomach while putting on the weights and oxygen mask.  I was thinking over and over again on why I should do this.

a bat fish has welcomed us
 Now it's time to test the water.  It took sometime before I can make the "OK" sign.  I can't equalize properly.  Back-out na ba??? Nope, sayang ang pagsuot ng mga gears and ang bayad.

my signal that it's ok to go deeper...
 First thing I saw is a school of fishes which I was not able to photograph.  BTW, apologies for the pictures' quality as I'm still learning how to operate my underwater cam properly.  It's so hard taking nice pictures while being carried away by a strong current.  


at 10 feet i guess..not much to see yet...
Now, for other magnificent creations...


a variety of corals..
my fave coral...parang bubble wrap..
a variety of fishes

a caterpillar looking creature

i'm happy with this shot...this is a very tiny snail looking creature


yellow kidney bean???

sea snake


starfishes show off
After some time, the licensed scuba divers passed by me.  Too bad, I can't join them in the Cathedral site since I'm still unlicensed.  Hmmm....I must save for my scuba schooling or any sponsor?

going to the cathedral site

me and my best...thanks for this bday treat best!

And now it's time to go back to the shore or I'll have no more oxygen.

yes! i've conquered my fear...
This is the proof.  This is the first certificate I had which I can use when I enrolled in a scuba diving lesson. I hope, pray and wish that I will be licensed or I'll just be the master of intro diving.

i got a proof...
I have enjoyed this dive so much.  Out of my four intro dives, this one is the best since I've seen a lot of sea creatures.  This is inspiring me to get a license and dream of diving in Balicasag, Camotes and Tubataha.

One piece of advice though for first timers and intro divers like me, you'll enjoy diving more if you will just let your dive master take charge of the underwater cam.  I missed observing some creatures since I'm so focused on taking pictures.

------------------------------------------
Intro dive: around Php1,500.00 (inc. gears)
Bontoc in Batangas Bed and Breakfast
Anne Trono 0915-574-6986

No comments:

Post a Comment