Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Pamana Restaurant, Tagaytay: A Family Legacy Restaurant

the facade
I have known this restaurant from magazines and TV shows.  Since then, I've been planning to visit it.  So when I accompanied my balikbayan bestfriend and her family to a Batangas outing, I've recommended to stop by this place.

It is owned by Happy Opangco from the famous Opangco Family; owner of Barrio Fiesta, Isdaan and others.

It is a three-story restaurant.  Located on the ground floor is the pasalubong area where you can buy a lot of home made goodies. On the 2nd floor is the dining area.  The viewing deck is located on the 3rd floor,  where you can get a glimpse of Taal Volcano.

Upon going up to the dining area, a wall of memorabilias will welcome the guests.

the wall tells their family history 

the whole wall is a tribute to their family members

The dining area is quite a feast for the eyes.  There are a lot of antique and interesting pieces.  It will give you a nostalgic feeling.  No two tables and settings are alike.

mismatched chairs and an antique chandelier

i love these chairs with tall backrest

a different table with mismatched chairs


I love the table settings as well...mismatched plates work well

I love these colors

the whole cast
Keeping up with the nostalgic Filipino theme, the menu speak of antiquity and class as well.  The food choices consist of our usual Filipino viands with a twist.  Prices are affordable and with servings good for 3-4 persons.

I guess this is Happy's mom during her showbiz days

the choices of Filipino cuisine with a twist
While waiting for the food (service is quite slow), we have the opportunity to check out the whole dining area with its interesting pieces.   Good thing that we are the only diners so we have the whole place for ourselves. I guess everything in here are scraps from their homes. I love their furniture and collections of sort.

feels like home

a collection of their memories
a wooden rocking horse

mirrors, mirrors on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

I'm the fairest of them all ..hehehehe





a bird cage

an old telephone (better if this is still working)

me and my bff

After 30 mins., the food finally arrived.  We are quite full with our heavy breakfast so we only ordered a few.  We only sampled their pandesal with quesong puti, bulalo and chocolate fondue plate.  The latter is what we enjoyed most.  Unlike the typical choco fondue plate that many restaurants offer (fruits, mallows, etc.), this one has the traditional rice delicacies - suman, puto, kutsinta and espasol.  It was quite a treat and energy booster.

bulalo is a must try when in batangas

best seller..simple yet filling
Before leaving the place, we checked-out the viewing deck.  It was raining that time so we didn't see Taal Volcano at its most beautiful view.

the garden below

rest area on the third floor

Taal Volcano
Over-all, I love to return to this place.  I love how cozy it is and its antique pieces. It felt like going to the province and visiting grandparents in an ancestral home.  I cannot rate the food for now since we only sampled a few.  I will try their other dishes when I return.  But for the bulalo, I still prefer Leslie's. 

----------------------------------------
Pamana Restaurant
Along Aguinaldo Hi-way
Tagaytay, Cavite City

No comments:

Post a Comment