Saturday, January 18, 2014

2013 - the year with my most travels (so far)


here, there and everywhere
Being a mom and with limited resources, my only travel goal is at least two (2) destinations in each year, one with the whole family (during summer) and one "travel date" with hubby.  But destiny has its own plans for me.  As I review my travels last year, I realized that my wandering feet had been very busy.  Imagine going to 14 destinations for the whole year!!!!  Whoah! where did I get all the resources??? Miracles do really happen.

Here's my year end travel summary report.  Most were not yet posted.  Yeah, I'm soooo busy.. este lazy I know!

January

1. Ilo-ilo (unposted)

For the first time, we have joined the Dinagyang festival.  It was my 2nd time (first is Pintados) to join in this kind of festivity and it was so much fun.  After the festival, hubby and I , despite our beaten bodies, were able to have our own time visiting the old churches since our friends opted to sleep first.  We just commuted from the town proper to as far as San Joaquin.  It was a joyful experience.

Dinagyang 2013
a tribute to Sto. Nino

in Miag ao church
2. Guimaras (unposted)

Just 15 mins. from Iloilo via boat, we have visited this place before going back home.  First day was spent in the famous tourist spot - the Trappist Monastery, smallest plaza, market, etc.  We also bought and tried the famous mangoes.

We stayed in Raymen's Beach Resort which also offers delectable local dishes.  Our second day was spent island hopping.  Indeed! Philippines has a right to boasts its beaches and prestine white sands.

a turtle on its way to its home
the famous mangoes
February

3. Baguio

After more than 10 years, hubby and I returned to this cold place, with our kids this time.  We revisited the famous tourist spots and just enjoyed the cold weather.  Our kids enjoyed this weekend vacation.  It was a great family bonding for us.

my kiddos jump shot
strawberry picking
March

4. Sta. Maria, Laguna

Bes J has gladly welcomed us in her home in Laguna.  She even drove us there (just the sweet pleasures of life!).  We made sashimis.  Aside from pigging out, we also visited their famous falls.  It was a fun weekend get away with my girls.

enjoying the river with my girls
3 falls.. water soooo cold
April

5. Subic Homes

The Windangan Gang returned to Subic Homes for a summer weekend get away.  We stayed there for two nights (which is still not enough for us).  We just love this place since one villa can accomodate more than 20 people and it has a nice swimming pool (just a few steps from our villa). We also enjoyed seeing the monkeys in our backyard.

For the summer beach experience, we ended up in All Hands Beach Resort since most of the beach resorts were already fully booked.

Before leaving for Manila, passing by the duty free shops is a must (for the ladies of course!).

the Windangan gang
family of monkeys at the backyard
May

6. Saryaya, Quezon Province

It's Pahiyas this time.  Our travel time is longer that our stay in this festival.  We were completely amazed with the efforts and creativity these people have exerted for this yearly tradition in honor of San Roque. Their pancit habhab is also a must try delicacy here.

We also passed by and say our prayers in Kamay ni Jesus shrine.  

me and my girls

Kamay Ni Jesus Shrine
September

7. Cebu City

Bes J has convinced me (again) to join her and friend in this travel.  For a 2K airfare, I gladly agreed.  We stayed in Tune Hotel and just visited Ayala Mall and Taboan Market since our main agenda is Oslob.  Cebu has changed so much from my last visit in 2007.

buying some pasalubongs in Taboan Market

Oh I really do...
8. Oslob

Honestly I didn't expect much from this travel.  However, it was so unbelievable seeing and swimming with the whale sharks. I even thought that was the only highlight but I was wrong.

the whale shark of Oslob
I was completely in awed with Tumalog Falls.  It was soooo enchanting.  I also love seeing the ruins in their town proper.  The experience I had here was so much worth the money I spent.

enchanting Tumalog Falls
the ruins
9. Canyon Woods, Tagaytay

Still with a hang-over of my Cebu trip, our half dozen family was invited in Canyon Woods for another weekend get away. With free accomodation, who would say no?  Together with my high schools friends, off we go to CW.

The weather was nice and our temporary home is great.  The kids enjoyed swimming in the club house while my friend Lala and me tried their massage.  We were like queens.  The boys even prepared some food for us.  It was a very relaxing weekend.

unico hijo
with our h/s buddies
November

Amidst Yolanda's wrath, we were able to push through with this travel even though flight was freaking frightening.  While everyone is so worried with the typhoon, we are somewhere having our grand vacation.  It's kinda feeling guilty but we have planned this for so long so we much enjoy every moment of it and we did.

10. Jakarta (unposted)

We are fortunate to visit my cousin Kuya B, who is an expat there.  We stayed in his grand condo unit.  This is one of my best travels since I'm with my loved ones and Kuya has shouldered some of our expenses - food, accomodation and Bali round trip tickets.  I even got a batik sarong as a souvenir.  I will always be indebted to him.  I was soooo happy seeing my mom enjoyed this trip, too.  It was also my hubby's first international trip.

the National Monument (Monas)



Jakarta Cathedral

visiting their museum for history and culture

just like Yolanda's wrath

11. Bali (unposted)

This place has fell short of my expectations.  However, its history and culture is so rich.  We mostly spent our stay here visiting the temples.  It was really temples overload.  We didn't even have the time to check the beach.  I enjoyed looking and learning their arts. Shopping is also fun as you can buy some art works at very affordable prices.

sunset 
Tanah Lot
12. Oasis Hotel, Tanza, Cavite

Ok, this is not at my expense but still counted.  Our division held our first (and maybe last) team building in this place.  This is like 3 events in one - team building, general assembly and advanced Christmas party.  Yup, nagtitipid kami hehe. It was a great way to bond with my colleagues outside the office.  We are just with our crazy selves.




December 

13. Puerto Princesa (unposted)

It was my second time here with bes J but hubby's first time so we still revisited the famous tourist spots minus the beaches.  We are seven in a group this time so planning is not quite easy.  However, like our previous travels, we had so much fun tasting their local dishes and doing some adventures.

famous underground river
14. El Nido

Just like Coron, EN boasts its karst limestone and beaches. It really is the last frontier.

in Helicopter Island
going out of Big Lagoon

in Corong-corong
It was a very blessed year for me and my family and I'm sooo grateful to the above.  He has given me so much more than what I have needed and wanted.

For 2014, I wish for more blessings to come.  I'm not praying for a lot of travels but instead, good health and more quality time for my family.  However, I still pray that I remain employed so I can have the resources to plan for another travel and explore more places.  Kudos 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment